Thursday, March 12, 2009

Light

We were born to make manifest the glory of God that is within us. It is not just in some of us; it is in everyone. And as we let our own light shine, we unconsciously give other people permission to do the same. ~Marianne Williamson


What an amazing world we would live in if everyone knew this and truly understood it. I discovered my light while in Salt Lake and I know that I need to help others discover theirs. I will be asking for input to help me understand what is needed and how my ideas can be put to the best use.

2 comments:

  1. You know the children's song, "This Little Light of Mine" that's what this makes me think of. "I'm going to let it shine...let it shine, let it shine, let it shine."

    "Let your light so shine before men, that they may see your good works and glorify your Father in heaven." Matthew 5:16.

    This is a good reminder to me that I need to reflect the light and love of Christ so others will see a difference in me and desire the peace that He brings.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I loved that song when I was a kid.
    What I am working towards is a way to work with the youth to help them build their self-worth. When I look at the issues that a lot of kids today face so many of them seem to be tied to how they feel about themselves. I'd like to come up with a class or retreat or something that will give them the skills to know what a wonderful person they really are.

    ReplyDelete