Monday, June 21, 2010

Birthday Cake

I have a good friend who is a huge Yankees fan. Her birthday is today so I decided to make her a cake. It was a lot of fun and I was able to get it completed in one day. It was a last minute decision to make the cake so I am pleased I got it done in time.


This is a picture of the cake after I covered it. The cake is vanilla sponge with chocolate cream cheese frosting. I ended up with one additional layer so I frosted it for my family to taste. It was a big hit.





This is the finished product. I need to find a better way to paint on the fondant. Right now I'm using watered down coloring paste. It works OK, but it's not as clean as I would like it. I also need to invest in some X-Acto knives so my cuts are neater.


I'm learning more and more with each project I do. Having the right tools is really important. I got a fondant rolling pin and that helps a bunch.

I have a few more cakes in mind for over the summer. I am also going to work on making some pastries as well. I just have to figure out how to fit it all in.

2 comments:

  1. It looks fantastic!! I'm always amazed at your decorating skills. :)

    ~Hallie

    halliejophotography.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete